Having to shave regularly can be particularly annoying and time consuming. Many people often prefer to go for waxing to get rid of unwanted hair especially around the bikini line. But waxing is painful and uncomfortable. Laser hair removal involves using laser light pulses to target the roots of the hair, causing the growth of the hair to slow down and eventually stop. Fortunately, laser hair removal in OKC is available at Longevity Aesthetics and Laser Spa.
Three to six sessions are enough for the vast majority of customers to witness up to 90% permanent hair reduction. This helps those people who dislike the sight of hair on their chins, armpits, bikini line and legs by getting rid of it without any need to shave regularly or to wax.
How It Works
The laser lights targets the melanin in hair follicles and destroys them, causing the hair to stop growing. The hair roots are exposed to light. The roots absorb the light, making them heat up. The heat eventually destroys the root or slows down the growth of any future hair.
On the first visitat, the client is provided with protective glasses to shield their eyes from laser lights and sometimes a topical anesthetic. A gel is applied to the target area, and this helps to cool the skin because the laser produces heat and it also helps to ease the friction created by the movement of the plastic wand. The laser light is passed over several times back and forth in areas where the client wants the hair removed.
You can come back four to six weeks for the next session of laser hair removal in OKC depending on how fast your hair grows back. It takes three to six sessions to completely stop the hair from growing back.
Important Points To Note
- Avoid tweezing, plucking, or waxing your hair after coming from the laser sessions because, during the next session, the laser lights require hair roots to be present to work effectively.
- You can trim, cut or shave your hair before the session as long as you do not interfere with the roots in any way.
- Use sunscreen between sessions to avoid sunburns which might irritate the skin.
- Avoid contact with hot water, steam and swimming for 24 to 48 hours after a laser hair removal session.
- Avoid makeup or any perfumed products on the target area for 24 hours.
- Clients are advised to attend sessions of laser hair removal in OKC with the target area shaved and trimmed but this is not necessary for facial hair.
Where To Go For Laser Hair Removal In OKC
If you have been looking for an alternative to shaving, threading or waxing, we have the best solution for you. Contact the experts at Longevity Aesthetics and Laser Spa in Oklahoma City to schedule your appointment and have your hair removed permanently.