Age, accelerated weight loss, sun exposure, or other bodily changes may cause sagging skin on the face. In any case, if you're dissatisfied with the way sagging skin on your face has altered your appearance, you should consult a dermatologist.
Good candidates for the treatment of skin tightening can be anyone with strong immunity and who is not suffering from any skin related disease. You can rest assured that a dermatologist will recommend the least invasive procedure possible to achieve your desired outcome. Facial skin tightening treatments are best for those who have tried at-home treatments and didn't get the desired results are not pregnant or breastfeeding.
Is There a Way to Prevent Skin Sagging?
Slower collagen production as we age is the most common cause of skin sagging. A protein in our bodies called collagen helps keep our skin looking youthful. Collagen, in addition to providing our skin its youthful vigor and elasticity, also holds muscles and bone tissue together. Our skin may appear saggy and loose as collagen production declines over time. Skin sagging can be caused by a variety of factors, including a decrease in collagen production.
Exposure to the sun frequently or for long periods of time
Weight loss during pregnancy
Use of tobacco products
Tightening Procedures for Face and Body
If you notice that your skin is sagging, it's best to begin treatment as soon as possible. Your dermatologist will recommend a less invasive treatment for sagging skin if the condition is milder. U.S. Dermatology Partners offers a variety of options, including:
1. Skin tightening with chemical peels is a safe, non-invasive procedure that can address even the tiniest signs of sagging skin. Dead skin cells are removed chemically in this procedure, which then stimulates the growth of new, healthy skin cells.
2. As the name suggests, this procedure removes the outer layer of skin and stimulates the production of collagen, resulting in a tightening of the skin, as well as an improvement in the overall skin tone and texture. Laser skin resurfacing treatments that we offer include:
Halo Laser Skin Resurfacing
Co2 Laser Skin Tightening
Erbium Laser Resurfacing
3. As with laser and radiofrequency innovation, microneedling stimulates collagen production by delivering a burst of energy to the dermis. To stimulate the production of collagen, microneedling typically uses gauge needles to inflict microscopic wounds.
4. There are a number of treatments for wrinkles and sagging skin, including Botox, which is an injection of a neurotoxin.
5. Deoxycholic acid is the active ingredient in Kybella, an injectable solution that targets submental fat and sagging skin under the chin.
If you are planning to go for skin tightening in OKC area, Longevity Aesthetics & Laser Spa is here to help you with your need. Our experts dermatologists will aid you in achieving a ‘New You’.
**Disclaimer: This content is neither a medical advice nor it imply a doctor-patient relationship.