Pre + Post Treatment Instructions for Coolsculpting
WHAT TO EXPECT:
• CoolSculpting is a non-surgical procedure that may take from one to several hours,
depending on your treatment plan.
• Vacuum pressure draws tissue into an applicator cup between cooling panels. The vacuum
pressure may cause sensations of deep pulling, tugging and pinching in the area being
• You also may experience intense stinging, tingling, aching or cramping. These sensations
generally subside as the area becomes numb.
Immediately after the procedure, your treated area may look or feel stiff and transient
blanching (temporary whitening of the skin) may occur.
• You may feel a sense of nausea or dizziness as your body naturally warms and sensation
your treatment area.
• Bruising, swelling and tenderness can occur in the treated area. This typically resolves within
a week or two.
It is common for the treated area to feel bloated and look swollen in the first few days and
CoolSculpting. Following the procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer
will take place.
• You may start to see changes as early as three weeks after CoolSculpting and you will
experience the most dramatic results after one to three months. Your body will continue
naturally to process the injured fat cells from your body for approximately four months after
• Your skin will have a numb feeling only to touch after your treatment that lasts 2-4 weeks.
Your skin will return to normal no later than 4 weeks in most cases.